Our procedures are as follows:
Bulbs for potting are selected and de-eyed.
- De-eyed bulbs are potted and the pots are placed in carrying trays.
- Pots are watered, drained for a few minutes and stacked on pallets.
- Stacked palletized pots are wrapped in plastic and labeled.
- Pallets are placed in a sprouting room which is kept at 80-85° F (27-29°C) for 2-3 weeks (until sprouting is observed).
- After sprouting, pallets are removed from the room and the plastic cover is removed.
- Pots are spaced and fertilized with a 90 day CRF.